An Okanogan Homestead Ranch for Sale
Booking & Reservations: 509-486-1270

History

Historic Photos From the Diamond Bell Ranch


Wauconda began at Wauconda Mine in 1898, relocated in 1900 to where the Wauconda Community Hall now sets and relocated again in 1936 to the present site at the junction of State Highway 20 and Toroda Creek Road.  Rock collecting enthusiasts may visit abandoned Sheridan Mines and discover crystallized glass-like ingots and copper/gold/iron within rock.

During the prohibition era of the 1920’s and 1930’s, an established industry of mountain stills became popular and Wauconda was known for its exceptional moonshine.  Remnants of these stills can be discovered in their abandoned secret places.

The Diamond Belle Ranch as it is know today, consists of four homesteads plus additional acreage.  The sgment which presently holds the lodge was homesteaded by MacKenzie brothers from Scotland.  The lake was originhally named “Seaforth” after the bay near mors MacKenzie’s childhood in Scotland.  it was later named “Walker Lake” derived from another family homestead which is presently a part of the ranch property.  Some original homestead buildings and remnants remain upon the land.

The structure known as the Diamond Belle Lodge was constructed in 1947-48 as a dude ranch where people from the city could relax in a comfortable setting, enjoy a home cooked meal and participate in a variety of events.

The present day Diamond Belle Ranch is experienced as a true paradise, diverse and magnificent in what it has to offer.


FOR SALE

"Nature's Crown Jewel"

This land with private lake is up for adoption…. Walker Lake is 40± acres and completely surrounded by 767 deeded acres.

Sale price includes Walker Lake, lodge, timber, caretakers residence, shop, barn, several historic homesteads, Walker Creek, deep evergreen forests, aspen groves, sunny meadows, golden tamarack in the fall and 360° views.
Wildlife abounds and this is a prized fishery growing over 10 pound rainbows.

For price and information call the Managers of the ownership:
DBRV LLc, David Sweet @ 253-565-7355 or Don Linkem @ 253-848-5541